MATCH ME IF YOU CAN is light and fluffy contemporary romance at its finest! I had such a wonderful time reading this book, and I’m so excited to chat about it with all of you! Fans of Kasie West and Stephanie Perkins are destined to find a new auto-buy author in debut author Tiana Smith!
10 Reasons to Add MATCH ME IF YOU CAN to Your TBR
1. The romance! The romance in this book is completely charming and will have you absolutely glued to the pages.
2. Main character Mia is totally relatable and so much fun to read about. I love main characters who have strong, driven personalities while still feeling real, and Mia is certainly all of that.
3. In a lot of contemporary fiction, you can guess exactly how the story will end and exactly how the author’s going to get there. Smith manages to keep readers on their toes with this story though. The characters never did quite what I was expecting, which kept me eager to find out what was going to happen next.
4. Fabulous friend group! The dynamic between Mia and her two closest friends felt so authentic, and readers will certainly recognize themselves in the three of them. None of them felt cliched or like archetypes at all.
5. The love interest! The love interest in this book is definitely swoon-worthy and absolutely adorable! Reader, believe me, you will love him!
6. The…other love interest. Yes, there is a bit of a love triangle here, but hear me out! This love triangle does not at all feel like the tropey, cliched love triangle that so many readers have grown to loathe. This one is done in a way that is totally fresh and new, and I promise you that if you give it a chance, you will totally ship it!
7. The matchmaking! I loved the matchmaking business in this book. It was such a fun element in the story, and I loved how Smith used it to add tension to the plot yet doesn’t make the whole story revolve around it. Having it be her friend’s business and not Mia’s was a brilliant and fresh direction to take the story in.
8. The kissing scenes! Reader, these kissing scenes are plenty swoon-inducing, believe me! But Smith keeps it clean. This is a book I would never hesitate to recommend to actual YA readers. Besides the completely charming romance is more than enough to keep you turning those pages.
9. The happy yet believable ending! Is there a happy and totally satisfactory ending? You betcha! Does the main character get absolutely everything she ever wanted? Nope! And that makes it even better!
10. Like I said earlier, this book is light and fluffy fiction at its finest! I love nothing more than a good light and fluffy book, and this one checked all the boxes for me! It’s enchanting, charming, swoony, and so much fun!
Huge thanks to Swoon Reads for the advance copy! I enjoyed every minute of reading this book!
About the Book
Mia’s best friend Robyn is known for her matchmaking skills, which is perfect, because homecoming is just around the corner. But Robyn refuses to set Mia up with the guy of her dreams, which forces Mia to take matters into her own hands. She uses Robyn’s matchmaking service to make sure popular Vince Demetrius falls for her.
Vince asks her out, but Mia doesn’t count on Logan, the persistent school newspaper photographer who seems to like her out of the blue. Now she has to choose between Vince – the guy she knows is right for her – and Logan, who insists that she give him a chance. And she needs to make sure Robyn doesn’t find out that Mia’s been matchmaking behind her back.
Mia has two weeks before homecoming. Can she fix the mess she made or will she have to kiss her perfect match goodbye forever?
About the Author